Лексико-грамматический тест по английскому языку для 9 класса. Упражнения 9 класс по английскому
Сборник упражнений по английскому языку "Тестовые упражнения на закрепление и контроль лексико-грамматических знаний" (9 класс)
Учреждение образования «ПГГ 2»
Тестовые упражнения на закрепление и контроль лексико-грамматических знаний
Автор и составитель:
учитель английского языка
Печатается по решению методического совета
УО «Полоцкая государственная гимназия №2»
Автор и составитель: учитель английского языка
УО «Полоцкая государственная гимназия №2» Лапеко Инна Олеговна
Рецензент: заместитель директора по учебно-методической работе
УО «Полоцкая государственная гимназия №2» Валюшкина Светлана Михайловна
Тестовые упражнения на закрепление и контроль лексико-грамматических знаний для 9 класса .– Полоцк.: ПГГ №2, 2012. – ----с
В сборник вошли тесты и упражнения по английскому языку для учащихся девятых классов, к учебнику Л.М. Лапицкой 2011. Задания составлены с учетом содержания программы учебного предмета «Английский язык» для учащихся 9 класса с целью актуализации знаний учащихся и формирования положительной мотивации к изучению предмета.
пр-т Ф.Скорины, 33 т 42-23-64
Выполнение разнообразных тестовых упражнений – необходимый вид деятельности при обучении учащихся иностранному языку, а также при подготовке учащихся выпускников и сдаче централизованного тестирования. Поэтому настоящий сборник, на наш взгляд, должен помочь проверить имеющиеся знания и умения учащихся и наметить эффективные пути для исправления ошибок.
Сборник включает в себя упражнения на отработку грамматического материала, а также тесты для контроля лексико-грамматических знаний учащихся девятого класса к разделам учебного пособия Л.М.Лапицкой 2011.
Сборник рекомендуется преподавателям английского языка в качестве дополнительного пособия для отработки лексического и грамматического материала. Он также может быть использован учащимися для самостоятельной работы.
В первой части сборника даны упражнения для закрепления грамматических знаний. Выполнение этих упражнений обеспечивает не только знание грамматического материала, но и, что более важно, приобретении навыков грамотной речи. Объяснение соответствующих грамматических явлений можно найти в конце учебного пособия Л.М.Лапицкой 2011.
Тесты на проверку лексико-грамматических знаний построены по принципу от простого к сложному, где в первых двух заданиях за каждый правильный ответ дается от 0,5 до 1 балла. В заданиях на перевод за каждое правильное предложение дается 2 балла. Максимальное количество баллов за тест от 30-50.
Ключи к упражнениям находятся в конце пособия.
Представленные в сборнике материалы помогут учителю, не затрачивая лишних усилий, успешно провести закрепление и контроль лексико-грамматических знаний среди учащихся 9-ых классов.
I. Present Continuous or Future Simple?
1. Diane isn’t free on Saturday. She (work).
2. I (go) to a party tomorrow night.
3. I think Jenny (get) the job.
4. I can’t meet you this evening. A friend of mine (come) to see me.
5. Have you decided where to go for your holidays? – Yes, I (go) to Italy.
6. There’s no need to be afraid of the dog. It (hurt) you.
II. Complete the sentences using Future Simple or be going to
1. - Why are you turning on the television? - I (watch) the news.
2. Oh, I’ve just realized. I haven’t got any money. – Haven’t you? Well, don’t worry. I (lend) you some money.
3. – I’ve got a headache. - Have you? Wait a second and I (get) an aspirin for you.
4. - Why are you filling that bucket with water? – I (wash) the car.
5. - I’ve decided to repaint this room. - Oh, have you? What colour you (paint) it?
6. - Where are you going? Are you going shopping? – Yes, I (buy) something for dinner.
7. – I don’t know how to use this camera. – It’s easy. I (show) you.
8. - What would you like to eat? – I (have) a sandwich, please.
9. - Did you post that letter for me? – Oh, I’m sorry. I completely forgot. I (do) it now.
10. - Has George decided what to do when he leaves school? – Yes, everything is planned. He (do) a computer programming course.
I. Fill in the correct possessive pronouns
1. This book belongs to me. This is … book.
2. The man put … hand into pocket.
3. The cat ate … food.
4. She took out … purse and gave it to me.
5. My husband never wears … glasses.
6. This is their car. That other car is … too.
7. May I introduce to you one of … colleagues?
8. There were a lot of people coming back from … work.
9. Every season is beautiful in … own way.
10. They would like a house of … own.
11. I’ll try… best, I promise.
12. Each country has … own customs.
13. He cut … finger this evening.
14. Lend me … pen, I’ve lost … .
15. They’re going to London with some students of … .
16. This is not my pencil, … is red.
17. I haven’t got a pen. Can you give me … ?
18. Take off … coat, please.
19. I saw them. This is … car.
20. Ann is married. … husband works in a bank.
Choose the correct adverb form from the given choices
Annie sang the (loudest, most loud) of them all.
The younger children listened (most excitedly, more excitedly) than their older brothers.
Sonia sings (softly, more softly).
Some of them practice (harder, more harder) than others.
Danny writes the (most legibly, more legibly) among his classmates.
Read each sentence carefully. Write the correct form of the adverb in parenthesis.
Of all the members, he arrived the … . (late)
Lisa organizes her report … than the others. (systematically)
Angel’s friend speaks … . (intelligently)
Nicole joins the contest … . (excitedly)
Mothers treat their children … than fathers. (patiently)
I. Choose the correct variant
1. Please give me … copy of the magazine.
a) other b) another c) the other d) others
2. I see only five boys here. Where are … ones?
a) another b) others c) the others d) the other
3. There were seven people on the beach; two of them were bathing, …were playing volleyball.
a) the others b) another c) others d) other
4.1 can give you only a small dictionary, I have got no … .
a) the other b) another c) other d) the others
5. Two of their guests left rather early, … stayed till midnight.
a) the other b) another c) the others d) other
6. Well, kid, … fifty yards and you will be at home.
a) another b) other c) the other d) others
7. There have been two oranges on the table. One is here, and where is … ?
a) another b) the other c) others d) other
8. I'm going to stay here for … few days.
a) the other b) others c) the others d) another
9.1 think you should choose … colour. This one is too dark.
a) other b) another c) the other d) others
10. Why is he so selfish? He never thinks about … .
a) other b) the other c) others d) the others
II. Make the direct sentences reported
1. John:"Mandy is at home."
2. Max:"Frank often reads a book."
3. Susan:"I'm watching TV."
4. Simon:"David was ill."
5. Peggy:"The girls helped in the house."6. Richard:"I am going to ride a skateboard."7. Stephen and Claire:"We have cleaned the windows."8. Charles:"I didn't have time to do my homework."9. Mrs Jones:"My mother will be 50 years old."
10. Jean:"The boss must sign the letter."
III. Make the direct sentences reported
1. Andrew:"Clean the blue bike!"
2. Jessica:"Write a text message!"
3. Teacher:"Don't forget your homework!"4. Nelly:"Help Peter's sister!"
5. Fred:"Wash your hands!"
6. Jamie:"Don't eat so much junk food!"7. Anna:"Open the window!"8. Karen:"Don't play football in the garden!"9. Victoria:"Check your e-mails!"
10. Mike:"Don't shout at Peter!"
IV. Make the direct sentences reported
1. Christopher:"Do you want to dance?"2. Betty:"When did you come?"
3. Mark:"Has John arrived?"4. Ronald:"Where does Maria park her car?"5. Elisabeth:"Did you watch the latest film?"
6. Mandy:"Can I help you?"
7. Andrew:"Will Mandy have lunch with Sue?"8. Justin:"What are you doing?"
9. Frank:"How much pocket money does Lisa get?"10. Anne:"Must I do the shopping?"
I. Active or passive? Choose the correct verb form
Many accidents (caused/are caused) by dangerous driving.
А cinema is а place where films (show/are shown).
People (aren’t used/don’t use) this road very often.
This house (built/was built) in 1930.
This situation is serious. Something must (do/be done) before it’s too late.
My car (has disappeared/has been disappeared).
Have you heard the news? The President (has shot/has been shot).
А new supermarket (will be built/will built) here next year.
(in а shop) ‘Can I help you, madam?’ ‘No, thank you. I (am serving/am being served).’
When I came to the party, John (had already been gone/ had already gone) home.
II. Active or passive? Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form
The computer (use) at the moment.
Your house looks different. You (paint) it?
Water (cover) most of the Earth’s surface.
Most of the Earth’s surface (cover) by water.
When we got to the stadium, we found out that the game (cancel). So we couldn’t see the match.
The park gates (lock) at 6.30 p.m. every evening.
The letter (post) a week ago but it (arrive) yesterday.
Ann couldn’t use her office yesterday. It (redecorate) the whole day.
At 10 o’clock tomorrow, Ann will be in her office. She (work) then.
Ron’s parents (die) when he was very young. He and his sister (bring up) by their grandparents.
I. Put in must, can’t or may (might)
1. You’ve been travelling all day. You … be tired.
2. That restaurant … be very good. It’s always full of people.
3. That restaurant … be very good. It’s always empty.
4. I’m sure I gave you the key. You … have it. Have you looked in your bag?
5. You are going on holiday next week. You … be looking forward for it.
6. It rained every day during their holiday, so they … have had a very nice time.
7. Congratulations on passing your exam. You … be very pleased.
8. You got here very quickly. You … have walked very fast.
9. Bill and Sue always travel business class, so they … be short of money.
10. Kate didn’t answer the telephone. She … have been asleep.
II. Give the correct form of the infinitive
1. I’ve lost one of my gloves. I must (drop) it somewhere.
2. They haven’t lived here for very long. They can’t (know) many people.
3. Ted isn’t at work today. He must (be) ill.
4. Ted wasn’t at work last week. He must (be) ill.
5. (the doorbell rings) I wonder who that is. It can’t (be) Mary. She is still at work.
6. Sarah knows a lot about films. She must … (go) to the cinema a lot.
7. Look. James is putting on his hat and coat. He must (go) out.
8. I left my bike outside the house last might and now it has gone. Somebody must (steal) it.
9. Amy was in a very difficult situation when she lost her job. It can’t (be) easy
10. There is a man walking behind us. He has been walking behind us for the last twenty minutes. He must (follow) us.
I. Fill in the gaps with the definite article where necessary
1. Have you ever been to … British Museum?
2. … Hyde Park is a very large park in the centre of London.
3. Another park in central London is … St.Jame’s Park.
4. … Grand Hotel is in … Baker Street.
5. … Dublin Airport is situated about 12 kilometers from the city centre.
6. Frank is a student at … Liverpool University.
7. If you’re looking for a department store, I would recommend … Harrison’s.
8. If you are looking for a place to have lunch, I would recommend … Ship Inn.
9. … Statue of Liberty is at the entrance to … New York Harbour.
10. You should go to … Science Museum. It’s very interesting.
11. John works for … IBM now. He used to work for … British Telecom.
12. “Which cinema are you going to this evening?” “… Classis”.
13. I’d like to go to Chine and see … Great Wall.
14. “Which newspaper do you want?” “… Herald.”
15. This book is published by … Cambridge University Press.
I. Fill in the gaps with articles if necessary, choose the right preposition
… fax machine has speeded up inter-office communication.
… E-mail have replaced … telegraph for most daily business transactions.
The problem of controlling access to … Internet needs to be solved.
She is not on\by … phone today. She left it at home.
Nowadays, people solve a lot of problems over\on .. phone.
Turn on … radio, please.
I’ve heard a funny story on\ by … radio
My friend has been working on\in … radio for 5 years.
We bought … new television.
Don’t turn it on\off. I’m watching the news by\on … television.
Where is Ann. She is still over\on … phone with her boyfriend.
The only way to contact him is over\by … radio.
II. Complete the sentences using who or which
The woman … is wearing the blue hat is Jane’s mother.
The man … is carrying a briefcase is our teacher.
This is the book … I borrowed from Lucy.
I don’t like people … don’t listen to mu opinion.
We visited the factory … produces sports shoes.
These are the sunglasses … I bought yesterday.
Products … are brought from other countries usually cost more.
My brother … is in the army came to see us.
III. Put in suitable relative pronoun when, where, why, who, whose, whom, which to complete the sentences.
The town … I live has a population of 50.000 people.
My friend Mike, … father is an architect, wants to be an engineer.
The park … he usually goes running is across the road.
I don’t know to … I should address this letter.
I don’t know … things are these.
I’ll tell you … I left the party so early.
His friend, … name is Luis, speaks three languages.
The computer, … he bought, is very expensive.
People … live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
She is not the person, with … I’d like to share my room.
I. Read the situations and write sentences with should\ shouldn’t. Give the correct form of the infinitive. Which of the sentences express criticism?
1. I’m feeling sick. I ate too much. I shouldn’t (eat) so much.
2. That man on the motorbike isn’t wearing a helmet. That’s dangerous. He should (wear) a helmet.
3. When we got to the restaurant, there were no free tables. We hadn’t reserved one. We should (reserve) it beforehand.
4. The notice says that the shop is open every day from 8.30. It is 9 o’clock now, but the shop isn’t open yet. They should (open) it half an hour ago.
5. The speed limit is 30 miles an hour, but Kate is doing 50. She should (drive) at the speed of 30.
6. Laura gave me her address, but I didn’t write it down. Now I can’t remember it. I should (write) it down.
7. I was driving behind another car. Suddenly, the driver in front stopped without warning. The driver in front should (warn) me.
8. I walked into a wall. I wasn’t looking where I was going. I should (look) in front of me.
Test on Unit I “Family”
I. Give the synonyms
II. Translate into English
Цвет лица, сердцевидный, обворожительный, кормилец, строгий, усы, загорелый, курносый, веснушки, сплоченный
III. Fill in the gaps with prepositions were necessary
Mary always give me a hand … difficult situations.
He is full … beans this morning - you can hardly keep him quiet.
Sara is crazy … her dog. She plays with him for hours
He works … home. That’s why he seldom meets his colleagues.
You are so hot-tempered. Whom do you take …? - I was born that way.
I was brought … to respect the law.
You are always speaking about your problems! What do you think I am, some sort of a shoulder to cry …?
He is not the person you can rely … . He is a liar.
We often spend time surfing … the Internet.
Treat other people … the same way you want to be treated.
IV. Put the verbs into appropriate grammar form to express future actions
1. I think I (buy) this jacket.
2. I (meet) my friends tonight at the Ordeon.
3. I hope she (come) tomorrow.
4. We (buy) a new house.
5. She (leave) Moscow for New York tonight.
V. Translate from Russian into English
1. У нас сплоченная семья: мы никогда не ссоримся и хорошо ладим.
2. Я всегда могу поплакаться в плечо своей сестре.
3. Моя мама – это человек, на которого я всегда могу положиться и поделиться своими эмоциями и проблемами.
4. Я всегда чувствую себя защищенной и уверенной в кругу семьи.
5. У моего дедушки широкий лоб и карие глаза, он носит усы, но не любит бороду.
Test on Unit 2 “Interpersonal Relationships”
I. Fill in the correct pronoun
1. They are not reliable. He doubts … .
2. I taught her. ... learned it from … .
3. We asked for his advice. … advised … not to come.
4. He cut … finger this evening.
5. Lend me … pen, I’ve lost … .
II. Active or passive? Choose the correct verb form
1. The book (wrote/was written) by Hardy.
2. Four people (have killed/have been killed) in а train crash.
3. А famous architect (was built/built) the bridge.
4. The house (bought/was bought) by а pop-star.
5. Local police (have been arrested/have arrested) the bank robber.
6. I (arrived/was arrived) last Friday.
7. The room (will сlеаn/will be cleaned) later.
8. ‘Did you go to the party?’ ‘No, I (didn’t invite/wasn’t invited).’
9. It’s а big company. It (is employed/employs) two hundred people.
10. Tom (has lost/has been lost) his key.
III. Fill in the gaps with prepositions if necessary
They didn’t know each other, they met … a blind date.
Holidays are coming. We are looking … … seeing our Spanish friends again.
Peter have already teamed … … his two classmates. They do the project together.
Mary invited me to join … Tourist Club.
The chitchat brings … friends together.
Hanging … with my friends is my favourite pastime.
Generally my friends are easy to deal … . I try to compromise and don’t quarrel … them.
Most problems come … in friendship because we are too selfish.
I’m passionate … rock music. But … the other hand, classical music is not bad as well.
I treat my friends … the same way I want to be treated, that’s why we never fall … .
IV. Translate from Russian into English
Новый мальчик популярен среди одноклассников.
Миша никогда не выдает секреты.
Все спортсмены обычно хорошо сложены и мускулисты потому, что ведут здоровый образ жизни.
Мальчишки любят прогуливать уроки и вечно попадают в передряги (наживают трудности).
Мой друг всегда готов протянуть мне руку помощи.
Катя очень общительна и легко заводит друзей.
Мой друг постоянно висит на телефоне или в интернете.
На этого человека всегда можно положиться.
Я могу всегда попросить совета у мамы.
Майкл и Элис – просто не разлей вода.
Test on Unit 3 “Healthy Lifestyle”
I. Match the words from the columns to make meaningful word combinations.
1. irregular a. colours
2. biological b. addiction
3. withdrawal c. sleep pattern
4. passive d. information
5. carrying e. sessions
6. fall f. smoker
7. attach g. symptoms
8. psychological h. clock
9. stretching j. capacity
10. artificial k. asleep
II. Give a word or word combination to each definition
a particular form of a bad health; a disease;
a person who does or uses smth that he or she cannot give up
(adj) causing a habit that people cannot give up;
a substance obtained or used in chemistry;
system of our body that prevent us from diseases;
III. Fill in the gaps with prepositions
Fast food doesn’t provide any benefits … the body.
Mike participates … 3 strength training sessions every week.
Before training, make sure you’ve warmed … enough.
Bob has just recovered … a serious disease.
A lot of harmful chemicals are breathed … the body while smoking a cigarette.
Nicotine in tobacco gets … the brain … blood stream just 10 seconds after a person starts smoking.
Vitamin C is destroyed … smoking.
According … the statistic, smoking kills … (около) 5 million people a year.
Lack … sleep can cause different health problems.
It was difficult for her to get … the new theme to her students.
IV. Translate into English
Прежде чем делать упражнения на растяжку и гибкость, нужно хорошо разогреться.
Очень важно знать свой пульс, уровень холестерина, кровяное давление, вес.
Курение увеличивает риск заболеть раком, бронхитом, пневмонией или сердечным заболеванием.
Стремись покупать (выбирай) молоко с низким содержанием жира и постное мясо.
Фастфуд нарушает систему, регулирующую наш аппетит.
Test on Unit 4 “Fashion”
Make reported speech
“I have no time for lunch today”, said the boy to his mother.
My brother said to me, “I`m going to become a doctor”.
The pupil said to the teacher, “I can do my homework after dinner”.
“Don`t worry over such a small thing”, she said to me.
“Please, don`t mention it to anybody”, Mary said to her friend.
He said to me, “Ring me up tomorrow”.
He said to me, “Do you often go to see your friends?”
I said to my mother, “Did anybody come to see me?”
Mother said to us, “What are you doing here?”
He said to her, “Where do you usually spend your summer holidays?”
Fill in the gaps with another/the other/the others/others
The supermarket is on … side of the street.
Please, give me … chance.
Some people like to rest in their free time. … like to travel.
There were 3 books on my table. One is here. Where are …?
I don`t like these jeans. Have you got any other ones in … size?
“Why is your car painted blue on one side and red on …?
Kate was excellent, but her friend was … way round.
I didn`t want to join them for a picnic; I had … fish to fry.
I won’t say… word about it.
This curtain material is cheap; on … hand the quality is poor.
Translate from Russian into English
Эта однотонная (без рисунка) юбка до колена очень тебе идет.
Кожаные брюки – необходимая вещь в шкафу.
Примерь эту клетчатую рубашку. Она подходит к твоим глазам.
Когда холодно, застегивай куртку!
Эти сапоги вышли из моды – выброси их (избавься от них).
Test on Unit 5 “Weather and Climate”
I. Give notions to the definitions
1. (n) moisture that falls from the air to the ground;
2. (n) the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere;
3. (n) weight of air on the Earth’s surface;
4. (n) the condition of atmosphere at a definite time and place;
5. (n) the prediction of weather.
II. Give synonyms to the words
10. light rain
III. Fill in the gaps with prepositions where necessary
1. The water in the clouds can freeze and turn … little balls of ice.
2. We got acquainted … famous meteorologists at the weather station.
3. Our mood and health often depend … weather.
4. The average day temperatures will range … 15 ºC … 20ºC.
5. We gave … the idea to go for a walk because the weather was nasty.
6. We tried to cheer …, but the weather was unbearable.
7. It’s hard to deal … her today, she is … the weather.
8. She is full … beans.
9. She is carrying … an experiment at the moment.
IV. Translate from Russian into English
1. На метеорологической станции мы проводим различные эксперименты и исследования.
2. Ее прогноз погоды был не совсем точный.
3. В Беларуси умеренный мягкий климат с холодной зимой и теплым летом.
4. На улице ливень, в такую погоду хороший хозяин собаку на улицу не выпустит (подходящая погода для уток).
5. Он «друг на хорошую погоду», он не поможет тебе справиться с трудностями.
6. Нет плохой погоды, есть плохая одежда.
7. Вода испаряется в атмосферу, конденсируется и выпадает на землю.
8. Белые медведи и моржи находятся под угрозой исчезновения.
9. Жаркая погода оставляет меня равнодушной.
10. Когда светит солнце, поверхность Земли нагревается.
Test on Unit 6 “ Natural Disasters”
I. Make up meaningful word combinations
1. reduce a. disaster
2. global b. aid kit
3. greenhouse c. food
4. safety d. wall
5. flash e. extinction
6. defense f. rules
7. natural g. effect
8. first h. flood
9. tinned j. emissions
10. animal k. warming
II. Fill in the gaps with necessary preposition
1. If it is blizzard, it’s better to stay … home.
2. Strong wind picked … people and cars and dropped them, blew … roofs, kiosks.
3. The firefighters put … the fire.
4. They were left … electricity.
5. The heatwave caused shortages … water.
6. The country couldn’t cope … the aftershocks of the disaster so they had to get aid … other countries.
7. The electricity has gone … .
8. We spent all day hanging … .
III. Fill in the gaps with the modals may (might), must, can’t
1. Perhaps, she is asleep now. She … be asleep now.
2.That … be true! It’s absolutely impossible.
3. I left my bike outside the house last night and this morning it isn’t there anymore. Somebody … have stolen it.
4. ‘I can’t find my umbrella.’ ‘You … have left it in the restaurant last night.’
5. Ann was in a very difficult situation. It … have been easy for her.
IV. Translate from Russian into English
1. Сильный ливень в Беларуси нарушил движение транспорта в Минске.
2. Во время грозы остерегайтесь высоких холмов, открытых полей и одиноких деревьев.
3. Парниковый эффект является причиной глобального потепления.
4. Деятельность человека приводит к исчезновению растений и животных.
5. Утепляйте ваши окна и дома, используйте энергосберегающие лампочки и энергосберегающее оборудование, принимайте душ вместо ванны, сдавайте в переработку макулатуру, металл, пластик и стекло.
Test on Unit 7 “Leisure Time”
I. Complete the sentences with a word or two
1. Money that you have to pay before visiting a museum is … .
2. A humorous story or film full of amusing characters is a … .
3. A film full of events, fights and shooting is an … .
4. Free time spent out of work is … .
5. Outdoor activity spent under water is … .
II. Put the article where necessary
… London Airport is famous for its planes.
… Winter Palace is the most beautiful palace in Europe.
I have never been to … Bolshoy Theatre.
… ”Astoria” is a very comfortable hotel.
You can see the Changing of the Guard every day outside … Buckingham Palace
You can “meet” famous people as wax figures at … Madam Tussaud`s.
All Englishmen read … Guardian.
Did you visit … Tretyakov Gallery?
… Kremlin is mostly visited by the foreign tourists.
You can go for a walk along … Hyde Park.
III. Fill in the gaps with preposition if necessary
1. I prefer to hang … with my friends.
2. The simplest way to avoid … boredom is to do something interesting.
3. It is difficult sometimes to find a solution … a life problem.
4. It hard to make a decision when your mind is … a mess.
5. You should take … account that opening time is from 10am to 6pm.
6. I’d like to find … about permanent exhibitions of the museum.
7. You’ll never mistake chanterelles … mushmires.
8. Visiting a museum will help you to learn so much … the past of our country.
9. The exhibitions of the museum are dedicated … ecological problems.
10. I was fascinated … the film from start to finish.
IV. Translate from Russian into English
1. Эта книга настоящий шедевр, она запала мне в душу (затронула).
2. Этот фильм профессионально сыгран, его стоит посмотреть.
3. Вязание, вышивание крестиком, шитье поможет вам приятно провести свой досуг и создать что-то новое, чем ты можешь гордиться.
4. Новый фильм с Камерон Диас интригующий и захватывающий дух, но немного (a bit) девчачий.
5. Зарегистрируйтесь на сайте музея и узнайте о выставках, рабочем времени, плате за вход и скидках.
Test on Unit 8 “Means of Communication”
I. Read the definition and give the notion
1. (n) a language used for communication among people of different mother tongues;
2. (v) to listen secretly to the private conversation of others;
3. (n) the instant exchange of written messages between two or more people using different computers or mobile phones;
4. (n) extreme force; actions or words intended to hurt or injure a person;
5. (n) a telegraph code formerly used internationally for transmitting messages.
II. Fill in the gaps with prepositions if necessary
1. Check whether you have plugged … .
2. Parents should keep an eye … their children.
3. Today a lot of teenagers get addicted … drugs or go … mugging.
4. She went … staring at me without saying a word.
5. Nowadays many people argue … the importance of modern means of communication.
6. I got … collecting coins.
7. Her behavior let me … .
8. All my peers surf … the Internet all day long.
9. She hardly tells the reality … fiction.
10. The Internet usually slows … when a lot of people tune … .
III. Put in a relative pronoun or adverb which best fits each space
1990 was the year when I first went back to the small village ... I was born. I was only three years old … my parents went to the USA, … I now consider my home. But I have always been curious to find out more about the place … we left more than ten years ago. I can’t explain the reason … I didn’t visit the land of my parents some years ago. The first impression I got when I arrived there was the heat, … was just awful. The people … were waiting for me at the airport were all friendly. They spoke of the time … I was a child as if it was yesterday. My grandfather, … eyes filled with tears when he saw me, with … I’ll stay during my visit looks exactly like my father.
IV. Fill in the gaps with the articles if necessary
1. … Xbox is a sixth generation video game.
2. … television is an efficient source of information.
3. … iPod is a portable media player.
4. … railway is not fast but comfortable way of travelling.
5. … Net ruins borders between different countries.
V. Translate from Russian into English
1. Все следует делать в пределах разумного.
2. Жестокость на телевидение влияет на незрелую психику(mind) ребенка.
3. Интернет и телевидение – ненадежные источники информации.
4. Электронная почта и электронное общение в реальном времени заменили (вытеснили) живое (face-to-face) общение.
5. Моя сестра не может не подслушивать мои телефонные разговоры.
Test on Unit 9 “School Matters”
I. Read the definitions, write the notion or phrase
1. (n) a person who hurts or intimidates (запугивать) weaker people
2. (adj) unable to read and write; uneducated
3. (n) a public examination in a subject taken for the General Certificate of Education (GCE), usually at the age of 17-18
4. (ph) a thing not easily understood; difficult task:
5. (n) professional training.
II. Fill in the gaps with prepositions if necessary
1. I was ill last week and now I have to catch … .
2. You shouldn’t learn all … once before the exam.
3. I am … sport, it helps me to keep fit.
4. It’s better to learn … other people’s mistakes.
5. I hung … with my friends yesterday and didn’t do my homework.
6. Don’t forget to set … an alarm clock.
7. Don’t surf … the Internet the night before the exam.
8. I do my best to cope … difficulties.
9. Mary participates … all school events.
10. She made … her mind to become a doctor when she was 5.
III. Fill in the gaps with do or make. Change the grammar form if necessary
1. Can you … me a favour?
2. I … an effort to improve my grade in Maths, but all in all I got F
3. Don’t … a fuss of his marriage.
4. I … my best at the exam and got an excellent mark.
5. It always … sense to take care of your health.
6. Don’t … noise! Father is working.
7. She … her morning exercise every day.
8. We … friends when I was in Italy.
9. It doesn’t … any difference.
10. She is … progress in English.
IV. Translate from Russian into English
1. Легче сказать чем сделать, это задание очень сложное («крепкий орешек»).
2. Его исключили, потому что он не сдал экзамен.
3. Она упустила шанс получить хорошее образование.
4. У нее хорошее произношение, но она допускает много ошибок в правописании.
5. В развивающихся странах много неграмотных людей.
1. is working
2. am going.
3. will get
4. is coming
5. am going
6. won’t hurt
1. am going to watch
2. will lend
3. will get
4. am going to wash
5. are you going to paint
6. am going to buy
7. will show
8. will have
9. will do
10. is going to do
I. 1. my; 2. his, his; 3. its; 4. her; 5. his; 6. theirs; 7. my; 8. their; 9. its; 10. their; 11. my; 12. its 13. his; 14. your, mine; 15. theirs; 16. mine; 17. yours; 18. your; 19. their; 20. her
2. more excitedly
3. more softly
5. most legibly
2. more systematically
3. (much) more intelligently
4. most excitedly
5. more patiently
1. John said that Mandy was at home.
2. Max told me that Frank often read a book.
3. Susan said to me that she was watching TV.
4. Simon said that David had been ill.
5. Peggy told me that the girls had helped in the house.
6. Richard said to me that he was going to ride a skateboard.
7. Stephen and Claire told me that they had cleaned the windows.
8. Charles remarked that he hadn't had time to do his homework.
9. Mrs Jones told me that her mother would be 50 years old.
10. Jean said that the boss had to sign the letter.
1. Andrew told me to clean the blue bike.
2. Jessica told me to write a text message.
3. The teacher reminded me not to forget my homework
4. Nelly told me to help Peter's sister.
5. Fred told me to wash my hands.
6. Jamie reminded me not to eat so much junk food.
7. Anna told me to open the window.
8. Karen told me not to play football in the garden.
9. Victoria told me to check my e-mails.
10. Mike told me not to shout at Peter.
1. Christopher asked me if I wanted to dance.
2. Betty wanted to know when I had come.
3. Mark asked me if John had arrived.
4. Ronald asked me where Maria parked her car.
5. Elisabeth asked me if I had watched the latest film.
6. Mandy wanted to know if she could help me.
7. Andrew asked me if Mandy would have lunch with Sue.
8. Justin asked me what I was doing.
9. Frank wanted to know how much pocket money Lisa got.
10. Anne asked if she had to do the shopping.
I. 1. are caused; 2. are shown; 3. don’t use; 4. was built; 5. be done; 6. has disappeared; 7. has been shot; 8. will be built; 9. am being served; 10. had already gone
II. 1. is being used; 2. Have you painted; 3. covers; 4. is covered; 5. had been cancelled; 6. are locked; 7. was posted, arrived; 8. was being redecorated; 9. will be working; 10. died, were brought up;
1. have dropped
4. have been
7. be going
8. have stolen
9. have been
10. have been following
4. the, -
9. the, the
11. - , -
2. - , -
4. on the
5. over the
7. on the
8. in, -
10. off, on, -
11. on the
12. by, -
1. have eaten
2. be wearing
3. have reserved
4. have opened
5. be driving
6. have written
7. have warned
8. have looked
Test on Unit 1
1. fall out
2. full of beans
II. complexion, heart-shaped, charming, breadwinner, strict, moustache, (sun)tanned, turned-up, freckles, close knit
1. will buy
2. am meeting
3. will come
4. are going to buy
5. is leaving
1. We are a close knit family, we never quarrel and always get on well.
2. My sister always gives me a shoulder to cry on.
3. My mother is a person I can rely on and share my emotions and problems with.
4. I always feel secure and confident with my family.
5. My grandfather has a wide forehead and hazel eyes, he wears moustache but he doesn’t like beard.
Test on Unit 2
2. she, me
3. he, us
5. your, mine
1. was written
2. have been killed
4. was bought
5. have arrested
7. will be cleaned
8. wasn’t invited
10. has lost
2. forward to
3. up with
9. about, on
10. - , out
1. A new boy is very popular with his classmates.
2. Mike never gives secrets away (lets the cat out of the bag).
3. All sportsmen are usually well-built and muscular, because they lead a healthy way of life.
4. Boys like to play truant and often get into troubles.
5. My friend is always ready to lend me a helping hand (give me a hand).
6. Kate is very outgoing and it’s easy for her to make friends.
7. My friend is always on the phone or surfs the Internet.
8. You can always rely on this person.
9. I can always ask my mother for a piece of advice.
10. Mike and Alice live in each other pockets.
Test on Unit 3
5. immune system
5. in (into)
6. to, through
1. Before doing stretching or flexibility sessions you should warm up.
2. It’s very important to know your heart rate, cholesterol level, blood pressure and weight.
3. Smoking increases the risk of cancer, bronchitis, pneumonia or different heart diseases.
4. Try to pick up low fat milk and lean meat.
5. Fast food destroys our appetite control system.
Test on Unit 4
1. The boy said to his mother that he had no time for lunch that day.
2. My brother said to me that he was going to become a doctor.
3. The pupil said to his teacher that he could do his homework after dinner.
4. She asked me not to worry about such a small thing.
5. Mary asked her friend not to mention that to anybody.
6. He asked me to ring him up next day.
7. He asked me if I often went to see my friends.
8. I asked my mother if anybody had come to see me.
9. Mother asked us what we were doing here.
10. He asked her where she usually spent her summer holidays.
1. the other
4. the others
6. the other
7. the other
10. the other
1. This knee-length plain skirt suits you.
2. Leather trousers are a must in your wardrobe.
3. Try this checked shirt on! It matches your eyes.
4. Zip up (do up), when it’s cold.
5. These boots are out of fashion – get rid of them.
Test on Unit 5
5. weather forecast
2. blowy, gusty, breezy
6. temperate, mild
7. dampness, moisture
9. overcast, nasty
4. from, to
7. with, under
1. We conducted experiments and researches at the weather station.
2. Her weather forecast wasn’t accurate.
3. Belarus has moderate mild climate with cold winters and warm summers.
4. It is raining heavily, lovely weather for ducks.
5. He is a fair weather friend, he’ll never help you to weather the storm.
6. There is no bad weather, there are bad clothes.
7. Water evapourates into the atmosphere, condenses and falls on the ground.
8. Polar bears and walruses are threatened (endangered) animals.
9. Hot weather leaves me cool.
10. When the sun shines, the surface of the Earth heats.
Test on Unit 6
2. up, away
6. with, from
1. Heavy downpour disrupted traffic (transport work) in Minsk.
2. During lightening stay away (avoid) high hills, open fields and lonely trees.
3. The greenhouse effect causes global warming.
4. Human activities lead to animal and plant extinction.
5. Insulate your windows and houses; use energy saving bulbs (lamps) and equipment; take a shower instead of bath; recycle paper, metal, plastic and glass.
Test on Unit 7
1. admission fee
4. leisure time
5. scuba diving
1. I was moved by this book, it’s a masterpiece.
2. This film is well-acted and worth watching.
3. Knitting, cross stitching, sewing will help you to pass your leisure time in a pleasant way and create something new you will be proud of.
4. A new film with Cameron Dias is thrilling and breathtaking, but a bit girly.
5. Sign up the museum website and learn about the exhibitions, opening times, admission fees and discounts.
Test on Unit 8
1. lingua franca
3. instant messaging
5. Morse’s Code
3. to, out
10. down, in
III. where, when, which, that, why, which, who, when, whose, whom
IV. 1. the 2.- 3.the 4.- 5. the
1. Everything should be done within reasonable limits\ You should do everything within reasonable limits.
2. Violence on TV affects child’s immature mind.
3. The Internet and television are unreliable sources of information.
4. E-mail and instant messaging replaced face-to-face communication.
5. My sister couldn’t help eavesdropping my telephone conversations.
Test on Unit 9
1. a bully
3. A level
4. a hard nut to crack
1. It is easier said than done, this task is a hard nut to crack.
2. He was expelled because he had failed the exam.
3. She missed out on good education.
4. Her pronunciation is good but she makes a lot of mistakes in spelling.
5. There are a lot of illiterate people in developing countries.
Тесты по чтению для 9 класса (англ. яз.)
Предлагаю вам подборку Reading tests для 9 класса. Тесты не сложные, однако поработать придется. Тесты по чтению для 9 класса предложены по следующим темам:
- Art and museums;
- School activities;
- St. Valentine’s Day
Тесты идут от самого простого к более сложным, поэтому Вы можете ориентироваться по уровню класса.
Reаding tests для 9 класса.
Тест по чтению для 9 класса #1.
Andy and Kate were pleased. Today was Friday, and that was the day when Gran came to tea. Of all their relatives, they liked their grandmother the best. She was good fun.
Granny Morgan was sitting at the kitchen table when they came in. There was a big plate of banana sandwiches in front of her.
“Hello, Gran!” said Andy.
“Hello, you two. How was school today?”
“OK, thanks,” said Kate.
“And how was your trip to the National History Museum?” she asked.
“Oh, that was great,” said Kate. “We had a wonderful time.”
“We saw some fantastic dinosaurs but I liked the gorillas best,” he said. He took another sandwich.
“I remember when I was a young girl; I often went to museums and art galleries. One day I met Picasso in an art gallery in the south of France.”
“I don't believe you!” said Kate.
“Yes, I did. It's true. Picasso was a charming man. He asked me to tea."
Kate liked her grandmother's stories, but she wasn’t sure if they were true but they were always exciting!
Задания к тексту Granny Morgan.
Exercise 1. Say, why the children like their grandmother’s company.
Exercise 2. Correct the statements.
- Granny Morgan came to dinner.
- The children visited the National Gallery.
- The boy liked the elephants at the museum.
- Granny met Picasso in Paris.
- The children were sure that their grandmother’s stories were true.
Exercise 3. Аnswer the questions.
- Why were Kate and Andy pleased?
- When did their grandmother usually come to tea?
- Where was she sitting when they came in?
- What sort of sandwiches were there on the table?
- How many sandwiches did Andy take altogether?
- What did Andy like best at the Natural History Museum?
- What else did he see there?
- Who did Granny Morgan meet at an art gallery?
- What did Kate think of her grandmother’s stories?
Exercise 4. Complete the sentences according to the text «Granny Morgan».
- Andy and Kate were ___________ on Friday.
- Granny is good ___________
- We had a ________ at the museum.
- We saw some ______________ dinosaurs, but ____________
- One day I met Picasso in _____________ in the South of France.
Exercise 5. White a short story about your granny.
Тест по чтению для 9 класса #2.
Данный тест по чтению рассчитан на 20-25 минут. 7 минут на ознакомление с текстом и 13-15 минут на решения теста. Можно даже использовать тест для аудирования, так как он очень простой.
Thank you for your letter. I would like to know a bit more about your school activities. Do you have parties at school? What are they like? Our parties are not always interesting. Some are amusing and some are boring. The best we had was on the Valentine’s Day. We all loved it very much. It was a costume party. I had a butterfly suit on with big black-and-red wings.
We have pinned up funny posters on the walls in the rest room. The most interesting part of it was the mail. I got five Valentine’s Day, cards. I think the big card was from Joe. I went all red when I opened it. There was a big satin elephant holding a bunch of plastic flowers in its trunk and these words: “Sharon, I love you.” I also wrote ten cards to boys and girls just for fun, and of course one to Joe. You can guess what I wrote in it. We also sang and danced at the party. How do your parties go?
Задания к тексту.
Exercise 1. Write what Sharon liked about the St. Valentine’s Day party most of all.
Exercise 2. Say if the statements are true or false.
- All parties in the English school are interesting.
- All the children liked the party on the Valentine’s Day.
- The party was held in the classroom.
- Sharon got a bunch of flowers from Joe.
- Sharon wrote ten cards to boys.
- They sang and danced at the party.
Exercise 3. Give yes / no answers to the questions.
- Does Sharon like parties?
- Are all English school parties amusing?
- Was the party she described a costume party?
- Did Sharon get a card from Joe?
- Does she love Joe?
- Did she write a card to Joe?
Exercise 4. Complete the table about the St. Valentine’s Day Party.
Name of party
Costume she had on
Number of cards she received
Number of cards she sent
What they did at the party
Тест по чтению для 9 класса #3.
The Boy and the Door
There was a small shop in a little street in an old town. In the shop there were beautiful things made of silver and gold. The small shop had a door that opened on the little street. The shopkeeper was standing at the open door.
“Come and buy! Come and buy!” called the shopkeeper. “Come into my shop and see all the beautiful things!” again he called. “Come in!
I shall show you beautiful things made of silver and gold.”
One day the shopkeeper had to go away to the king’s palace. The king wanted a beautiful gold ring and a silver cup from the shop. The shopkeeper called the boy who worked for him. “I’m going to the king’s palace,” he said. “You must stay here. Do not leave the door of the shop whatever happens. Do you understand?”
“Yes, I understand,” said the boy.
The shopkeeper went away, and soon he came to the king’s palace. He gave the king the ring and the cup. Then he went home. Soon he was back at his shop. He stopped and looked up in astonishment. “What is this?” he cried. “Why are so many people going into my shop?” Then the shopkeeper saw that the door of the shop was gone and so was the boy who worked for him.
Just then, the shopkeeper saw the boy. He was in the street near the shop. The boy had the shop door on his back. He was standing in the square looking at some men who were doing tricks.
The shopkeeper ran to the boy. “I told you not to leave my shop,” he cried.
“No,” said the boy. “You told me not to leave the door. I did just as you said. I did not leave the door. I have the door here with me.”
Задания к Reading Comprehension Test #3.
Exercise 1. Choose the correct answer to the questions.
- What did the shopkeeper sell? food / things
- What were the things made of? glass / metal
- Where did the shopkeeper go one day? market / palace
- What did the shopkeeper tell the boy to do? not to leave the door / not to leave the shop
- What did the shopkeeper see when he came back? the shop was closed / the shop was open
- Where was the boy standing? in the shop / in the square
- Did the boy understand the shopkeeper’s words exactly? yes / no
Exercise 2. Say if the statements are true or false. Correct the false statements.
- It was a big new shop.
- The shopkeeper usually stood at the open door.
- The things in the shop were beautiful and expensive.
- The shopkeeper asked the boy not to leave the door.
- The shopkeeper went to the king’s palace.
- When the shopkeeper came back, his shop was ruined.
- The boy took the door with him.
- The boy did what the shopkeeper had told him.
Exercise 3. Answer the questions.
- What did the shopkeeper do to attract clients to his shop?
- Why did the shopkeeper go to the palace?
- What was the boy doing when the shopkeeper came back?
Exercise 4. Give your opinion on who was right: the boy or the shopkeeper.
Exercise 5. If you were a boy and wanted to go away, what would you do?
Ответы к Reading Tests.
Reading test 1.
Упражнение 1. The children liked their grandmother’s company because she was good fun (funny).
- Granny Morgan came to tea.
- The children visited the National History Museum.
- The boy liked the gorillas at the museum.
- Granny met Picasso in the south of France.
- The children were not sure that their grandmother’s stories were true.
- They were pleased because their Granny was coming to tea.
- She usually came to tea on Friday.
- She was sitting at the kitchen table when they came in.
- There were banana sandwiches on the table.
- He took at least 2 sandwiches.
- He liked the gorillas best
- He also saw dinosaurs there?
- Granny Morgan met Picasso at an art gallery.
- Kate liked her grandmother's stories, but she wasn’t sure if they were true but they were always exciting!
- wonderful time
- fantastic / I liked the gorillas best
- an art gallery
Упражнение 5. Your own story.
Ответы к reading test 2.
Упражнение 1. She liked the mail most of all.
- False, 2. True, 3. False, 4. False, 5. False, 6. True.
- Yes, 2. No, 3. Yes, 4. Yes, 5. Yes, 6. Yes
Name of party
Costume she had on
Number of cards she received
Number of cards she sent
What they did at the party
St. Valentine’s Day Party
butterfly suit on with big black-and-red wings
Ответы к тексту 3.
- things, 2. metal, 3. palace, 4. not to leave the door, 5. the shop was open, 6. in the square, 7. yes
- False. It was a small shop.
- False. When the shopkeeper came back, he saw many people walking into his shop and he also saw that the door of the shop was gone and so was the boy who worked for him.
- The shopkeeper was standing at the open door calling “Come and buy! Come and buy!”, “Come into my shop and see all the beautiful things!”, “Come in!
- The shopkeeper went to the palace to give the king the ring and the cup.
- He was standing in the square looking at some men who were doing tricks.
Упражнение 4,5 – your own answers.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
Задания для 9-11 классов по английскому языку
Part 1You are going to read a magazine article about the planets of the solar system. Choose the most suitable heading from the list A-H for each part (1-7) of the article. There is one extra heading which you do not need to use.
A Too hot for life.В A place of contrasts.С Red for danger.D Gases in turmoil.E A treat for the amateur.F A distant wanderer.G An unseen influence.H Fact and fiction.
A family of worlds
1. The solar system is a family of worlds. Nearest to the sun is Mercury, a place where the day is hot enough to melt some metals and the night sufficiently cold to make a rubber ball as brittle as glass. The planet has no atmosphere to scatter light so the sun glares down from a pitch black sky.
2. Venus, on the contrary, has an atmosphere so thick that no one on its surface could ever see the sun. Though the sun is concealed, its energy reaches the planet’s surface, turning it into a baking desert where nothing can live.
3. Beyond the earth and its moon we come to the planet Mars. Its famous redness is due to oxidization — a sort of rusting process that has taken place over millions of to years. According to a now discredited theory, intelligent creatures on Mars have dug canals to harness the small amounts of water released when the planet’s polar ice¬caps melt in the Martian spring.
4. Jupiter is a giant ice-ball surrounded by an atmosphere of poisonous gases. It is an atmosphere full of storms and turmoil. The biggest storm of all — visible in the form 15 of the Great Red Spot — has lasted for over 200 years and shows no sign of dying away.
5. Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are giant stepping stones leading us into the unseen coldness of outer space. Saturn is the most distinctive planet of the three, since it has the famous rings which almost everyone has heard about. They form a halo 20 round its equator and no one knows quite how they were formed. A spectacular sight when observed through a powerful telescope, they can also be seen and enjoyed with a simple pair of binoculars.
6. Beyond Neptune orbits little Pluto. Too small and too far from the sun to receive much light, it reflects so little that it tells us very little indeed about itself. Its orbit 25 sometimes brings it nearer to the sun than Neptune; at other times it swings out into the blackness of space as if it never means to return.
7. Could there be another planet even further away than Pluto? There are clues that the answer to this may be yes. A mysterious gravitational pull is disturbing the orbits of Neptune and Pluto, suggesting that an unseen world awaits discovery.
1 B2 A3 h5 D5 E6 F7 G
Part 2You are going to read an extract from an autobiography. For questions 8-15, choose the answer (А, В, С or D) which you think fits best according to the text.
The warden led us in single file along a narrow line of paving slabs that ran past the huts. Every so often, four steps led to a front door. We could hear people inside, shouting at children.‘The overcrowding has to be believed,’ he said as he shook his head forlornly.We squeezed to one side as a sullen woman passed us, carrying a bucket of coal. She had the look of someone who was old before her time.The warden went up the last set of steps, opened the door with a jangling bunch of keys, took one off the ring and handed it to me.‘There you are. Home Sweet Home. There’s a bath in that hut by the trees; get the Ю key from me when you want one,’ he said, and he came down the steps, leaving us room to go up. ‘I hope you can make a go of it,’ he said. ‘At least we’ve got you a bit of furniture.’We walked into a square ‘cell’ with a table and two chairs and a two-seater settee. No two of anything were the same; it all looked like furniture from a charity shop, which is I suppose it was. There was a double hotplate on top of a low cupboard, and a dead black stove against the back wall with a scuttle beside it containing a few lumps of fuel. The adjoining ‘cell’ had a double bed with a pink plastic mattress cover, glistening like wet salmon. There was a cupboard that hung open because the door catch had gone. Inside the cupboard were two meagre blankets.The bedroom was freezing. I struggled to shut the top flap of the window, but it was jammed open by rust. There were bits of yellowing sellotape all round the wall near it, where previous inmates had tried to block the draught with cardboard.I sat on the bed with my head in my hands, wondering how long we would have to spend here before we found a real home, and noticing, as I glanced sideways into 25 the front room, that a thin film of dust was blowing under the front door.We took the plastic cover off the mattress because it looked worse than the stains underneath. The blankets smelled, but we had to keep warm somehow.We had been in this place exactly a week when, on returning in the evening, we went up to our front door and heard children’s voices and a transistor radio. We peered 30 round the door at a jumble of people and things and colours. The people turned round and we all looked at each other. The muddle resolved itself into a huge woman and a little man, and two small children. They had a lot of stuff, mostly carrier bags and laundry bags with clothes spilling out, and a couple of buckets full of kitchen equipment which we’d have been glad to have ourselves.They didn’t want to share with us any more than we did with them, but that’s what the warden had told them to do. We argued about it, though it seemed ridiculous to quarrel over accommodation which none of us really wanted anyway.
8. The place isA a prison.В a hostel for the homeless.С a holiday camp.D old people’s bungalows.
9. The warden seems to think that the couple’s accommodation isA cosy.В unpleasant.С spacious enough.D well furnished.
10. The main reason the author feels cold in the bedroom is thatA there isn’t enough fuel for the stove.В the window lets in a lot of draught.С there aren’t enough blankets.D the door lets in a lot of draught.
11. The main thing the author notices about the furniture is thatA it looks or smells dirty.В most of it is in poor condition.С it is very cheap.D nothing matches anything else.
12. The author feelsA unhappy.В optimistic.С determined to make the best of the situation.D angry.
13. Taking the plastic cover off the mattressA releases the smell of the blankets.В improves the appearance of the bed.С helps the couple to keep warm.D makes the bed look worse.
14. The couple’s first feeling when they return home to find other people there isA confusion and bewilderment.В anger.С fear.D envy of all their kitchen equipment.
15. The four other people are in the accommodationA by mistake.В because they have been told to share their kitchen equipment.С because they have been told to share the accommodation.D because a week is up and it is their turn to live there.
8 B9 B10 B11 D12 A13 B14 A15 C
Use of English
Task 1For questions 16-30, read the text below and decide which word А, В, С or D best fits each space.
Putting things right
We all make mistakes. Our company is no exception, and on rare occasions our customers have cause for (16) ……………We pride ourselves on our quick, efficientand courteous way (17) …………..putting things right.Please start by having a (18)…………..with Mark, our Customer Satisfaction Officer.There’s every (19)…………..that he can resolve your (20) …………… to your complete satisfaction. If goods are (21)………….., he can arrange an immediate refund or replacement and can (22) ………….. send a van to your premises to (23)…………..and replace any bulky item.Our Managing Director, Mr. Fergusson, is also (24)…………..by appointment and, ifyou are still (25)…………..with any (26)…………..of our service, we hope you willhave no hesitation in (27)…………..him and letting us know how we might(28)…………..our service in future. Our board of directors considers customers’suggestions when they meet each month, and most are (29) …………… .All this means that our customers are our first (30) …………. — in fact our mostimportant partners in business!
16 B17 B18 A19 C20 D21 C22 D23 A24 C25 A26 C27 B28 D29 B30 ATask 2
For questions 31-45, read the text below and think of the word which best fits each space. Use only one word in each space.
The blue cheese mystery
How do we choose the signs and symbols we use each day? We use green to say go and red to say stop, but just (31) …………..if traffic lights were purple and pink.They’d work just the same, so why have we fixed on red (32)…………..the colour of warning signals and things like that?Of course, when (33)…………..comes to fashions humans vary their choice ofcolour quite freely One year, blue will be a popular colour for home decorationwhile (34)…………..year pink will be all (35)…………..rage. Colours for cars changefrom year to year too.In (36)…………..of all this variation there are one or two psychological facts that(37)…………..change. For example, humans perceive things that are yellow or redas being nearer (38)…………..things of any other colour. This is important in roadsafety terms. It means that motorists (39)…………..an oncoming red or yellow car(40)…………..extra caution. Whereas they might try to overtake (41) …………..ablue car’s path, they will wait (42)…………..the oncoming car is one of those danger colours — red or yellow.And even (43)…………..blue is a popular colour in the home, one (44)…………..ever sees a blue kitchen. It’s just (45) ………….. off-putting in the context of food. So why do people eat blue cheese? I just don’t know!
16 imagine17 as18 it19 another20 the21 spite22 never/don’t23 than24 treat25 with36 in27 if28 when/though/if29 hardly30 so
Task 3For questions 46-55, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words, including the word given.
46. The firemen had to break the door down.necessaryIt…………………………………………….to break the door down.47. I’ve never eaten walnuts before.timeIt’s…………………………………………….eaten walnuts.48. Tom was definitely first in the queue.doubtThere’s…………………………………………….first in the queue.49. Mary knows a lot of people in France.acquaintancesMary…………………………………………….in France.50. Anthony travelled to Spain.journeyAnthony…………………………………………….to Spain.51. The books were so dear that I couldn’t afford them.expensiveThe books were…………………………………………….to buy.52. I couldn’t bear the noise any longer.putI couldn’t…………………………………………….the noise any longer.53. I told John to bring his problems to me.comeI told John…………………………………………….his problems.54. I slowed down at the traffic lights.speedI …………………………………………………… at the traffic lights.55. I couldn’t understand what I was reading.senseI couldn’t …………………………………………. what I was reading.
46 was necessary for the fireman47 the first time I’ve ever48 no doubt (that) Tom was49 has a lot of/many acquaintances50 made a journey/went on a journey51 too expensive for me52 put up with53 to come to me54 reduced my speed55 make sense of
You work for an international company that often sends its employees to work in overseas branches. You have been asked to write an article for the in-house magazine on business customs in your country.
Write your article.
You should write 250 words.
Student 1Task 1
Look at the list below. Discuss some of the important achievements that have occurred in these areas and how they have influenced the world we live in. Then decide which achievement have offered the greatest benefit.
transportation politics medicine engineering
Compare and contrast these photographs, saying what ambitions these people might have, what they might be doing to achieve their ambitions, and what problems they might be facing. You think the man is more likely to achieve his ambition.
Student 2Task 1
Look at the list below. Discuss some of the important achievements that have occurred in these areas and how they have influenced the world we live in. Then decide which achievement have offered the greatest benefit.sport space exploration buildings science
Compare and contrast these photographs, saying what ambitions these people might have, what they might be doing to achieve their ambitions, and what problems they might be facing. You think the boy is more likely to achieve his ambition.
Task 1You will hear a radio interview with Philip Samson, a famous mountain bike racer. For each question, put a tick (✓) in the correct box.
1. Why did Philip start riding mountain bikes?
A He was tired of doing other sports.В He was keen to enter a competition.С He was sure he had the skills for it.
2. Before Philip took part in the World Cup, his mother
A suggested he spent more time training.В said he had no chances of winning.С encouraged his fans to go and support him.
3. What does Philip like to do as soon as he finishes a race?
A give TV interviewsВ chat with his fansС sign autographs
4. Philip says that, compared to other racers, he
A works harder in the gym.В trains on more difficult roads.С has the best bike available
5. What does Philip say about mountain bike magazines?
A They have few articles about competitions.В They sell more copies than they used to.С They are mostly read by professional racers.
6. As well as racing, what is Philip planning to do?
A appear in a filmВ publish a bookС advertise bikes
Keys 1 B2 B3 C4 A5 A6 C
Task 2You will hear a travel agent talking on the radio about a holiday in Sri Lanka. For each question, fill in the missing information in the numbered space.
A Holiday in Sri Lanka
Visitors come to the west coast of Sri Lanka for the (7) ………………………… as well as the walks and bird life.In the hotel gardens there are more than (8) ………………………… types of tree.Every hotel room has a (9) ………………………… on the ceiling.On one of the organized tours, visitors can learn how (10) ………………………… are made.There will be a visit to a country house where visitors can meet the (11) ………………………… and see works of art.The holiday price does not include either the (12) ………………………… or the travel insurance.
Keys7 (sandy) beaches8 70/seventy9 fan10 teabags/ tea bags11 owner12 flight(s)
Лексико-грамматический тест для учеников 9 класса по английскому.
Данный тест по лексике и грамматике затрагивает следующие темы.
- времена глагола
- употребление инфинитива с или без to
- употребление артикля
- порядок слов в предложении
- ЛЕ по теме 'дружба'
- ЛЕ по теме ‘качества человека’
Упражнение 1. Используйте глагол в нужной временной форме.
My friend Susan __________ (to practise) the piano now. She __________ (to practise) the piano every day after school. Her music teacher ___________ (to tell) her she _________ (to be) an excellent pianist and I ____________ (to think) that she _________ (to play) the piano better than anybody else in the school. Susan ____________ (want) to be a professional pianist when she _________ (to finish) school. That’s why she ___________ (to practise) every day.
I __________ (to write) to you now because I hope that you _______ (to help) me. I ________ (to post) this letter in 5 minutes, so you _________ (to get) it in the evening. Please answer as soon as you can.
А strange thing __________ (to happen) to me yesterday. You probably __________ (to know) my friend Greg. He _________ (to move) to a new flat recently. I ____________ (to know) Greg all my life. WE ____________ (to meet) in 1997, and we ___________ (to be) friends since that time.
So he ___________ (to phone) me yesterday and ____________ (to invite) me to a party at his new place on Saturday.
I ___________ (to write) his telephone number on a piece of paper that (to lie) on the table. When I ________ (to speak) to Greg, the doorbell _________ (to ring). I __________ (to hang up) and _________ (to go) to open the door. I ____________ (not to notice) that the paper ________ (to fall) on the floor. When I __________ (to return), I could not find it. It ____________ (to disappear). So I (not to know) where he lives. Maybe you __________ (to help) me.
Упражнение 2. Используйте инфинитив с to или без to.
- Can you _______? (swim)
- Have you got anything _________? (read)
- Could I _________ to Lucy? (speak)
- I would like ________ again. (see)
- I hope ________ to England in May. (go)
- It takes a long time _________ English. (learn)
- Let’s _________. (dance)
Упражнение 3. Вставьте артикль, где необходимо.
When I heard ___ knock at ___ door, I went to answer it and saw ___ woman in ___ green jacket standing outside. She said she was ___ member of ____ charity organization and was collecting ___ money for ___ poor people. I asked her ___ name of ___ organization and she gave it to me. I didn’t recognize ___ name.
She seemed ___ very pleasant person, and we talked for ___ long time. She said she liked helping ___ other people. I decided to give her some money and left ___ living room to look for my purse in ___ bedroom.
I was out of ___ room for ___ couple of minutes. When I came back, ___woman had gone. ___ window was open. I looked out. There was no sign of ___ woman, but ___ green jacket was on ___ grass. What ___ strangething!
Упражнение 4. Найдите антонимы для хороших качеств из первой колонки среди плохих из второй колонки.
Упражнение 5. Составьте предложения из предложенных слов.
- Would/ anything/ do/ people/that/ woman/ for?
- With/ the man/ I / was / talking / who / comes /from / Spain.
- The/ people/ I /like /I /work/ with
- Job/sister/my/ looking/ is/ for/ new/ a
- The/ of/sort/person/ she’s/ talk/can/you/ anything/ about/whom/with.
- I/for/looked/ have/you/ everywhere.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
Грамматические упражнения - Английский язык
Образуйте множественное число существительных, если это возможно:
Dog, boy, town, country, day, month, bath, tomato, piano, potato, photo, zoo, casino, kilo, kimono, auto, hero, video, radio, volcano, monarch, epoch, fox, box, dress, bush, lady, knife, wife, wolf, roof, proof, safe, cliff, belief, handkerchief, self, man, child, mouse, louse, goose, foot, tooth, ox, sheep, fish, deer, means, species, blood, knowledge, information, sugar, apple, air, hair, chemistry, economics, politics, English, French, tennis, golf, rain, darkness, advice, damage, furniture, intelligence, luck, money, time, traffic, seaside, countryside, luggage, people, police, clothes, trousers, scissors, bus, zero, penny, news, arms, goods, jeans, thanks, wages, the rich, the old, alumnus, calculus, terminus, cactus, stimulus, bacterium, curriculum, maximum, millennium, datum, medium, automation, criterion, phenomenon, appendix, analysis, basis, crisis, oasis, thesis, mother-in-law, godfather, father-in-law, pen-friend, grown-up, hold-up, passer-by.
Образуйте притяжательный падеж для существительных:
The bag of Ann, the book of Alex, the dog of Boris, the shoes of children, the dolls of girls, the smile of Bobbi, a visit for a day, a distance for a mile, a distance for three kilometers, the
weather of spring, the rains of autumn, streets of London, the room of Alice and Ann
People are interested in … which take them out of their homes.
They should leave their old … behind.
I have notices the marks of a … … and marks of …
Dog, tooth, horseshoe
Teens are influenced by …
Our neighbours dislike big …
The modern … of the NHS are the same as in other countries.
He raise his five … by himself.
This column gives answers to all … on personal problems
This book made one of the most enduring …. in all fiction.
The … parents taught them to sing.
They listened to folk rock … like Joni Mitchell.
Politic …were brought together.
Daniel was tolerant of other … religious ideas.
It is the …lowest body of water.
I saw the grass … which were stretching to the sea.
You will rarely see … in …
Why don’t I ask Evelyn for another… holiday?
… are thought of as gentle and timid animals.
Thousand of … were kept on the surrounding hillsides.
… loved him.
We have lots of … and …
People consider them to be …
I struggled along the deck to my … cabin.
Some of them became …
We looked round over the wall of … garden.
There was no sign of strangers, to say nothing of … following her.
He threw the hsarra to the other two … in the pile.
The situation started to attract … of surprised looks.
Five old … were sitting at the table.
… serving of the tea reminded him of a chemistry experiment.
He was eating … with pleasure
С помощью каких суффиксов образуются существительные от А) глаголов, Б) прилагательных. Приведите примеры.
Образуйте национальности и запомните:
EXAMPLE: England –the English (all people of the country)- an Englishman
France, Russia, Italy, German ,Portugal, China, Japan, Belgium, Finland, Poland, Spain, New Zealand, Mexico, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands, the USA, Canada, India, Egypt, Denmark, Switzerland, Turkey, Brazil, Armenia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Brasilia, Lebanon, Scotland, Congo, Ireland.
Поставьте подходящие части речи:
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Distant, attend, absent
| || |
Compare, child, generate
| || |
| || |
| || |
frequent, fluent, perform, acquire-приобретение
| || |
| || |
Person, please, reveal-откровение
| || |
Introduce, music, survive
| || |
| || |
| || |
Тест по грамматике для 9 класса.
В данном лексико-грамматическом тесте для 9 класса мы затронем следующие грамматические темы:
- пассивный и активный залог
- использование артиклей
- использование предлогов
- порядок слов в английском предложении
Что касается лексики, то тест будет особенно актуален после прохождения темы 'Профессии'.
Упражнение 1. Отметьте правильный вариант использования видовременной формы.
1. When she returned, the house was empty because everyone ___________.
a) left b) had left c) was leaving
2. The house _______ ten years ago.
a) was built b) built c) had built
3. They just_______ from a long trip to the United States.
a) came b) had come c) have come
4. The child _______ by a dog.
a) has bitten b) has been bitten c) bit
5. We hoped the weather _______ fine.
a) would be b) will be c) is
6. The newspapers already_______
a) were brought b) have been brought c) are brought
7. If he _______, I’ll write a letter to him.
a) doesn’t phone b) won’t phone c) didn’t phone
8. This place _______ by many tourists last year.
a) visited b) was visited c) is visited
Упражнение 2. Вставьте подходящее слово из предложенных.
1. I do not like _______ my homework.
a) making b) doing с) getting
2. She hasn’t _______ me anything.
a) said b) told c) spoke
3. Have I _______ any mistakes in this test?
a) done b) taken c) made
4. I think you speak English very _______ this year.
a) well b) good c) better
5. Are there _______ mistakes in my test?
a) some b) any c) much
6. You have very _______ mistakes in this test.
a) few b) a few c) little
Упражнение 3. Вставьте нужный предлог.
1. She never listens ____ classical music.
2. He seldom agrees ____ me.
3. I addressed them ____ English.
4. They complained ____ bad transport.
5. The teacher is not satisfied ____ my answer.
6. He doesn’t live ____ this area.
Упражнение 4. Составьте предложения из слов.
1. blown down / have / many trees / by the wind / been.
2. I / to the party / been / invited / have.
3. before / never / him /1 / have / met.
4. not / he/ satisfied / is / his work / with.
5. eager / are not / we / it / do / to.
Упражнение 5. Вставьте подходящее по смыслу слово в каждый из пропусков.
successful, who, programmer, famous, finished, proud, years, interested, far, such, feel, children
Mr and Mrs Patterson are very _______ of their family. daughter is a _______ engineer. She has been an engineer since she _______ college. She is married to Robert _______ is a professions musician. The Pattersons have a son. He is a computer _______. He has been _______ in computers since he was a teenager, His wife Jane is a _______ journalist. But they live _______ away. They moved to Glasgow several_______ago. Mr and Mrs Patterson _______ happy to have _______ wonderful _______.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!